Sun Dried Tomato Olive & Goat Cheese Palmiers
Makes 16 to 20
olive and sundried tomato filling:
3 green olives, pitted and minced
6 kalamata olives, pitted and minced
5 sundried tomato halves, minced
120gr ounces goat cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 lemon, zested
salt and pepper to taste
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed (about 8”x 9”)
1. Preheat oven to 220°C.
2. Place all filling ingredients into a small mixing bowl and mash and stir together until fully combined.
3. Spread mixture over the thawed puff pastry, leaving a 1/4 inch boarder.
4. Beginning at one end, begin tightly rolling the sheet until you get to the center, then tightly roll the sheet from the other end until you have two rolls meeting in the middle.
5. Slice 1/2 inch slices from the log and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment (if the puff pastry has gotten too soft, place the log in the freeze for 15 minutes before slicing).
6. Place baking sheet in the freezer for 20 minutes before baking. Bake palmiers for 17 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Allow palmiers to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of http://www.spoonforkbacon.com