- Prep: 40 mins Cook: 45 mins
- Serves 2
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 100g Bluebell Falls goat’s cheese
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, plus 2-3 sprigs
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, thinly sliced
- 2 courgette , thinly sliced
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 250g vine tomato, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Split the chicken breasts almost in half from one long side and open them out like a book. Bat them out a little with a rolling pin to flatten them. Season on all sides. Put half the goat’s cheese on each piece of chicken and sprinkle with the thyme leaves. Fold the chicken over to enclose the cheese, then wrap each one in two slices of the bacon.
- Lightly oil a shallow gratin dish, then arrange overlapping rows of courgettes and tomatoes over the base. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme sprigs. Sit the chicken on top.
- Bake for 40-45 mins until the bacon is crisp and golden and the courgettes are tender. Serve straight from the dish with new potatoes or good bread.