- Level: Easy
- : 2
A healthy, vegetarian version of a doner kebab — and much tastier too!
- 1 whole Red Onion, Halved Then Thinly Sliced
- ½ whole Green Pepper, Cut Into Strips
- ½ whole Yellow Pepper, Cut Into Strips
- 3 whole Medium Mushrooms, Sliced
- 10 whole Cherry Tomatoes
- 50 grams Canned Sweetcorn Kernels, Drained
- 29.6 milliliters Balsamic Vinegar
- 14.8 milliliters Oil
- 59.1 milliliters Fresh Basil
- 44.4 milliliters Sour Cream
- 2 whole Flatbreads Or Wraps
- 60 grams Soft Bluebell Falls Original Goat’s Cheese, Crumbled
Add the vegetables into a large frying pan along with the oil and balsamic vinegar. Cook over a medium-low heat for around 30 minutes, only stirring occasionally. After about 15 minutes they will have softened, but continue to cook until they begin to caramelize.
Meanwhile, finely chop the basil, put it into a small bowl and add the sour cream. Season to taste.
When the vegetables are soft and sticky, distribute them between the two flatbreads and top with the basil sour cream and the crumbled goat’s cheese.
Recipe and photo courtesy of www.amuse-your-bouche.com